Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Leaf

It's July 1, the year is half over. I am getting on the wagon.

I am going to do Weight Watchers, off the books. I'm not joining up. I have a grasp of the program from some books a friend gave me. She did it, quit, rejoined, and gave me her old set of materials, her calculator, etc. I started doing the program myself.

Honestly, it is the only conscious diet that has ever worked for me. I did it awhile ago and lost weight - I don't know why I ever stopped. I never got to my ideal weight. So here I go, back on. I did it today and I am really proud of my self control. I'm not hungry - I just stopped myself from eating past the point of full.

I really like WW - it's like a game for me. I think it's kind of fun. I feel like I am being challenged - like it's a dare. It's way better than counting calories - it's about picking the right foods.

So it begins. It is July 1, 2009. I weigh 229 pounds - about 15 lbs less than my heaviest weight.

I have never admitted to my weight - I under report it when I give blood. The only time another soul has known my actual weight is in a doctor's office.

This is a big step for me - accepting my weight and acknowledging it semi-publicly. (Semi because the blog is anonymous and I don't know that I have ANY readers.)

Here it goes...

2 comments:

Fatina George said...

Look at that - I completely forgot I had admitted my weight a month ago. So much for a first step...

Oh well, I won't let that discourage me.

Estela said...

I'm right there with you...last count was 227. Highest known was 285, had weight loss surgery 8 1/2 yrs ago, lost down to 170, size 12, now back up to tight size 18W.

What a damn rollercoaster!!

You encourage me, I'll encourage you.

Estela in South TX