Saturday, July 11, 2009

Exercise

I got back on my Wii fit today for the first time a month.

While I was working out, doing the advanced step aerobics, I remembered going to my mom's step class when I was about 12. It was at the YMCA. I remember all the activities I was in - soccer, racquetball, nautilus strength training...and I remembered vividly how I thought each one of those would be the answer to my weight problems. I was so optimistic. I had forgotten about that. I would be there do the strength training circuit machines and I fantasized about the kids at school being blown away but how good I looked. I was in middle school.

It some senses it's a sweet memory but it also makes me sad. So much of my youth was consumed by feeling fat. What a waste. I think it only made me fatter. I wasted a growth spurt that had actually thinned me out a nice amount. Now I'm obese.

P.S. I lost 4 lbs in the last 6 days.

No comments: