Monday, July 20, 2009

Dropping Off...

Sorry for being MIA for a few days. The weekend just flew by.

Last night, after weekly dinner with the in-laws, I started to feel the enthusiasm of a newbie slipping away. I ate too much - but not necessarily over my allowance of flex points. I save all the flex for Sunday just in case. I didn't know what went into the food - ("how much oil, butter, or parmesan is hiding in here?") and so couldn't calculate points accurately and so just ate as much as I wanted. I was too full for it to have been OK.

As we were leaving I felt the enthusiasm slipping. Then I stayed up too late last night and I knew I wouldn't get up in time to ride my bike to work. Now it's supposed to rain every day this week and I am tempted to not even try riding at all for the next 4 days.

I know one can't lose 5 lbs a week and I try to support the other women who get frustrated with no loss or only a 1lb. I lost .5 in 6 days and while part of my knows this is how it goes, I still feel deflated. I like to not do the math and pretend I can lose 25 lbs in a month. Losing 50lbs could very well take me a year and I know that, but I like to see results on the scale every week.

I think if I can just get to the 100s (or Onederland as everyone on 3FatChicks seems to call it) then I think I will be super energized. I just have to get through the next 25 lbs.

I am disappointed in myself for yesterday. While I most likely stayed within my daily points plus flex points, I undoubtedly ate more calories than I burned yesterday. I am not scientist but that means I gained weight and that my loss this week, if any, will be minimal. *Sigh*

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Don't try to do things fast. once we do that, we trick ourselfs out of thinking that this is a life long journey. You CAN get bak in the groove and get that newbie feeling back. Maybe try something new.. Good luck! I am here for you!

Chavonne said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've lost 10 pounds over the last 11 weeks--if I continue to lose at this pace, I won't be done until November 2011. It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive (maybe my metabolism will kick into gear soon! maybe I'm just building muscle and the fat will weigh off soon! at least I'm losing inches!). I think it's important to remember that one doesn't gain weight all at once. Perhaps there was a week you only gained .5 pounds. I am sure you can do this. Onederland is not that far off. I'm rooting for you! Hopefully we can keep each other encouraged as we inch our ways along.

Fatina George said...

You guys are wonderful. Thank you so much.