Sunday, July 12, 2009

No excuses

I don't know what my problem has been. I don't think I have a hard time dieting - I just have a hard time committing in the first place.

I don't like peanut butter. I'm not obsessed with chocolate. I love vegetables and whole grains. I'm a vegetarian so fast food really has no appeal to me. There are so many things that should make this easier for me, and yet I've let myself gain all this weight.

I will say, however, that bread, cheese, pizza, pasta, chips, french fries, etc. really get me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I totally relate to what you're saying - except the part about not loving peanut butter :)
As a vegetarian who loves whole grains, fruits, veggies, beans, tofu, etc. you'd think it would be easier, right?! I have a mean sweet tooth, though. For me it's about controlling binging. One step at a time I guess...

Chavonne said...

I think we all have our battles. I love carby things. Really, anything with a ton of carbs makes me happy. Like Rachel said, it's one step at a time! Right now, it's Cheetos I'm craving. I haven't had them in years. Why now?!

I'm not a vegetarian but I rarely eat meat. One of the hardest things about eating low-sodium is that I have to eat more of it because so many veggie products are so salty.