Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The girl who cried diet!

I don't know how many times I can say "this time I am really going to do it" before people stop believing me. I can't just pop up every two months and say "I am really going to lose 100 lbs this time!" and then fall off the Earth.

So, I wanted to be sure. After several "today is the day" or "tomorrow is the day" declarations to myself over the last month, I wanted to make sure it was real.

Last Saturday was the day. I started counting points again and I have been counting four 4 days straight. On top of that, I started working out again. I set my Wii Fit Training goal to 230 calories per day. I have done it Sat, Sun, and Mon and I fully plan on doing it tonight. I am ready to up it to 255 (it has bizarre increments based on foods. Right now I am at 3.5 pieces of wheat toast and the next level is a cup of sticky rice). 255 calorites a day = .5lbs lost per week. If I can lose 2lbs a week from diet on top of that then I can lost 10lbs per month.

For me, three days is a trend. If I can do three days, then it's starting to be something real.

I have three weddings in the family this year - one of which is tropical destination. While I want to look good, strike that, halfway decent, in a bathing suit - I also want to look good in these family photos which wil be around a long time. I cringe when I think of my dad's wedding pictures.

So here I am with the goal of losing 25lbs. I will be back to my wedding weight. I'd like to lose at least 75 (Wii says I should lose 100) but I am going to take it step by step.

Thank you so much to anyone who is still reading this!

No comments: