Friday, April 9, 2010

Babies

I think I have written about this before but I am too lazy to check.

I don't want to have a baby right now but I am pretty sure I want one eventually. I am positive I do not want to get pregnant when I am this overweight. The health risks scare me but most of all, you have an increased risk of "tearing." Plenty of skinny people tear, but I would like to get as many odds in my favor as possible.

I figure it will take me some time to get to a satisfactory weight before getting pregnant. That's fine and that's why I want to do it now. I don't want to catch baby fever and then be forced to diet and wait months or years while I get my act together. I want to have my act together so when the time comes, I won't have to wait.

I never had to think about it because I was fairly sure I wanted to be done with school first. I will be done with school in a couple months, so I will have to start thinking about what will determine when we actually go for it and decide to become parents.

No comments: